up-to-date Jessie, cannot turn off OpenVPN tunnel

Hi.

I have OpenVPN with a tunnel that I use occasionally, and since the
upgrade to Jessie, with systemd, I cannot stop it from starting on
boot, and once running I cannot stop it.

The only way to turn the tunnel off is to uninstall OpenVPN, and then
reinstall it the next time I want to use it.

So, any hints as to what command to issue to stop the damned systemd
that's running OpenVPN?

# /etc/init.d/openvpn stop
[ ok ] Stopping openvpn (via systemctl): openvpn.service.

This does not work. The tunnel remains up.

Curt-

--
The secret of happiness is freedom,
and the secret of freedom is courage.