Re: What pulls in the tray of my /dev/sr1 ?

On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 09:06:15 +0200
"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Stuart Longland wrote:
> > Silly question, but why does re-loading a disc take more than 197 seconds?
>
> It comes out (intentionally) after a backup run is complete
> and went well. (See man xorriso example "Incremental backup
> of a few directory trees".)
> Then i'd expect it to stay out until i remove the medium.
> It may well be that i am not at the machine when the backup
> finishes.

Hi,

I apologize for mailing you off-list, especially as I can not answer
your question, but as you say in your mail yourself, there aren't many
people in the Linux world who knows about these things.

I have a BD-R drive and a few disks that I would like to use for
backups, and was wondering what your thoughts are on the safety of this
- is it a bad choice of media? What about R vs RW disks, and what file
system should I choose?

Again, I'm sorry about the off-list mail, but hope you would give me
some quick insights as one who knows these things. :)

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"