Re: VLAN config on Jessie

On 8/1/2015 1:30 AM, Andrew Wood wrote:

On 30/07/15 23:14, Arno Schuring wrote:
This configures an untagged connection, which is not the same as vlan 1. Also, there's no need to set that broadcast address manually, it's inferred from the netmask.
auto eth1.2
iface eth1.2 inet static
address 192.168.100.254
netmask 255.255.255.0
vlan-raw-device eth1

I want vlan 1 to be the default hence I decared it as eth1 not eth1.1
That is most likely wrong. You set a "default interface" by configuring
the default gateway with the lowest metric. Other than that, there's no
"default" between network interfaces.

Im not talking about the default route Im talking about how it should handle ethernet frames with no vlan tag arriving on eth1

Before going any further, you should know that having tagged and untagged frames on the same port is far from best practices. You either want to have a port be an untagged member of a single vlan, or a tagged member of one or more vlans. It's hard to tell at this point if that's what's actually causing the problem or if that's unrelated.

Matt Ventura