Re: VLAN config on Jessie

On 07/30/2015 01:43 PM, Andrew Wood wrote:
Can I please clarify the correct way to configure VLANS on Jessie as Im having problems with DHCPD giving out IP addresses for the wrong VLAN subnet but only for certain clients - Windows 7, & Apple iOS whereas Debian clients and Windows XP clients are working fine.

Ive got a Jessie machine acting as a router with eth0 being the WAN connection to the internet and eth1 being the LAN connection with 2 VLANS on it (VLAN1 has addresses 192.168.10.x and VLAN2 192.168.100.x)

If I assign addresses statically on the clients its all fine but on Wifi via DHCP the Wifi AP is set to map two separate SSIDs to the two VLANS and in such cases the clients use DHCP.

As I say, if a Debian or Windows XP client connects via wifi it works fine but if a Windows 7 client connects to VLAN2s SSID DHCPD is giving it an IP on VLAN1 and then nothing works.

This is the /etc/network/interfaces file:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

#LAN (MZ)
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
        address 192.168.10.254
        broadcast 192.168.10.255
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        up /etc/network/if-up.d/iptables

auto eth1.2
iface eth1.2 inet static
        address 192.168.100.254
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        vlan-raw-device eth1

I want vlan 1 to be the default hence I decared it as eth1 not eth1.1 however I did try that and it reversed the problem - vlan1 gets vlan2 ip addresses!

Whats the correct way to do this please?

Thanks
Andrew

Could you post the DHCPD config?

Matt Ventura