One Error Message Down, One to GO

Kept getting warnings about mdir files being changed so copied. Got .lock in
procmailrc so maybe this one is done. At least, the error message suggested
using lock files (which I thought I had).

Now for the expiring/disconnecting/reconnecting eth0. This is operating off a
router. I went through the router's configuration, saw nothing about this. So
what can I do in any of the Debian network conf files to prevent the disconnect
on expire?