Re: Bizarre issue: USB 3 disconnecting and dying

Le tridi 3 thermidor, an CCXXIII, Jape Person a écrit :
> I should probably be more careful in the way I word things. I meant to say
> that *I* won't let USB-connected storage devices (or optical disc devices)
> anywhere near /etc/fstab on my systems.

With the default options, it could prevent the boot from finishing if the
drive is not present. But with the noauto option, in terms of stability it
is completely equivalent to mounting with mount or pmount: it is only a
shortcut, and possibly a privileges delegation with the user option. Of
course, it is only useful with stable names.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George