Re: msmtp Questions

Quoting Lisi Reisz (lisi.reisz@gmail.com):
> On Saturday 18 July 2015 13:13:56 Martin G. McCormick wrote:
> > domain = localhost
>
> I'm sleepy and probably not following very well, but should this really be
> localhost?

This was passed to the ehlo command where it passed muster:

<-- 220 txofep01.suddenlink.net ESMTP server (InterMail vM.8.04.03.20 201-2389-100-164-20150330) ready Sat, 18 Jul 2015 06:45:58 -0500
--> EHLO localhost
<-- 250-txofep01.suddenlink.net
<-- 250-HELP

AIUI by the time you send ehlo, any certificate required by the server
will already have been exchanged. However, whereas you might be
concerned that you're sending your emails to the right smarthost, they
should be unconcerned because they're about to force you to
authenticate with them. After all, I might be using any old computer
to run exim/msmtp.

Where you don't authenticate (like my ISP), then they know you're at
the end of a piece of wire that they rent you.

So it's futile for the smarthost to bother to check it.

Cheers,
David.