Re: After kernel update boot hangs wth "raised network interfaces"

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015, at 13:19, Hans wrote:
> "[***] An LSB job is running: Raise network interfaces"

The "LSB job" portion means that the long-running service is a script in
/etc/init.d. The "Raise network interfaces" description means that it
must be /etc/init.d/networking because that script has a
"Short-Description" which matches the one reported by systemd.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015, at 13:19, Hans wrote:
> This problem occurs from time to time in the forums and it is mostly a
> problemm with the network recognition itself. After the delay the
> system is booting on and network existent.
>
> As I am not experienced with systemd, does someone know, how I can
> systemd make more verbose, so that I can see, what happens during the
> delay and what the computer is doing that time?

Somebody else might know how to make systemd more verbose during boot,
but I can help you query the systemd logs. Try the following command:

  sudo journalctl _SYSTEMD_UNIT=networking.service

See if that gives you anything other than just "Configuring network
interfaces... done."