Re: Rif BugReport #701674

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015, at 02:21, Antonello Alonzi wrote:
> The package maintainer does not respond, what to do?

In general, you will want to follow the recommendations in the Debian
Developer's Reference, section 7.4 "Dealing with inactive and/or
unreachable maintainers."

The first step is to contact the maintainer directly, while following
this most important recommendation from the Reference: "One last word:
please remember to be polite. We are all volunteers and cannot dedicate
all of our time to Debian."

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015, at 02:21, Antonello Alonzi wrote:
> There is reportbug #701674 open from 23 February 2013 and the same
> problem is still active today with Wheezy and Jessie.

In the particular case of apf-firewall, you should be able to patch the
installed file in the same way that this user did: