Re: msmtp Questions

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015, Martin G. McCormick wrote:

# Set a default account
account default
auth on
from martin.m@suddenlink.net
protocol smtp
port 587

Believe it or not, this is the closest I have gotten to making anything work.

Above, where it says 'auth on' make that say

auth off

Then first try to allow msmtp to select an auth method for you, which will be I think either PLAIN or LOGIN.

Then, if you have success you will at least know you are using the correct credentials (username, password) for your smtp server, which assurance you, and the rest of us, are currently lacking.

If need be you can try specifying 'auth plain' or 'auth login' in the line noted above.

After _that_ it will be reasonably clear that your credentials are incorrect.

--
I am not a loony.  Why should I be tarred with the epithet
'loony' merely because I have a pet halibut?  I've heard