Re: New user having trouble with new install

On Tuesday 14 July 2015 01:28:00 Jonathan Levine wrote:
> On 7/13/15, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> If it ever began to irritate you, however, there have been microcode
> >> updates - there were several from Intel - and you might be able to
> >> install
> >> one and get rid of the message.
> >
> > For AMD processors the microcode updates are available in linux-firmware,
> > which is installed as part of the base system. No further action is
> > needed.
> >
> > For Intel processors, install intel-ucode and continue reading.15 Jun
> > 2015 Microcode - ArchWiki
> > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Microcode
>
> Again, you have to go back to my first post to see that I'm not using
> either an Intel or AMD CPU.  This machine is a VIA EDEN ESP 6000.
> So I rather doubt Intel or AMD will be able to help me with an update.

Yes, I'm sorry, I phrased that badly.  I remember what you said.  But it is
more use for the archives if I give an actual reference.  You had already
said that you don't want to solve it because you don't regard it as a
problem, nor even apparently as an irritant.  So I didn't search for your
particular case.

> >> Incidentally, I have about 50 GB bandwidth, but have no problems with it
> >> and hadn't regarded it as limited!  But that is download only - I have
> >> unlimited upload.
>
> I download/torrent buttloads of movies and TV, and 50 doesn't go far.

No, I quite see that!  You have a large usage.  But I'm not sure that I would
call it a small cap!!  None-the-less, my original point still stands.  The
net install CD and downloading only what you need was a good choice of
solution to limiting your bandwidth use.

Lisi