Re: New user having trouble with new install

On Tuesday 14 July 2015 01:09:05 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 July 2015 01:00:16 Jonathan Levine wrote:
> > So the microcode business appears to only be a warning (that's still
> > being reported) and not constitute a "problem".  It happily skips right
> > past it and comes up normally.
>
> Good!  That's just what we want hear.
>
> If it ever began to irritate you, however, there have been microcode
> updates - there were several from Intel - and you might be able to install
> one and get rid of the message.

For AMD processors the microcode updates are available in linux-firmware,
which is installed as part of the base system. No further action is needed.
For Intel processors, install intel-ucode and continue reading.15 Jun 2015
Microcode - ArchWiki
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Microcode

Lisi