ntfs mnt fails after wheezy->jessie upgrade

I upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie finally, and now can't mount my second
hdd that has a win7 installation on it, in two partitions, both ntfs,
one with the actual windows system, another with just data, files, etc.

When I boot the machine (to jessie), it looks like the partitions on
that drive are being auto-mounted according to /etc/fstab

UUID=BAE47010E46FCCE7	/media/win7 ntfs-3g exec,permissions,noauto 0 0
UUID=6B3B505F1763BB9B	/media/winhome	ntfs-3g	exec,permissions,noauto
0 0

but I can not enter or access them.
If I try in pcmanfm or thunar, or something, I just get an i/o error.
When I do ls -la in /media, I see weird permissions.

d?????????  ? ?    ?       ?            ? win7
d?????????  ? ?    ?       ?            ? winhome

Until I killall /sbin/mount.ntfs-3g, in which case, permission to those
directories looks normal again, but there's nothing mounted in them (of
course).

then if I try to mount them again
mount /media/win7
mount /media/winhome
nothing mounts, but /sbin/mount.ntfs-3g starts up again, the permissions
go wonky agai, and I get general I/O error when trying to enter those
directories.

I'm going round in circles with this.
I purged and reinstalled ntfs-3g, got msgs about missing firmware,
installed firmware-realtek, which, it became clear, was the firmware in question,
and nothing's changed...
Still can't mount the drive or access the partitions on it.

I should apologize for cross-posting as I have a thread on the debian
user forums on precisely the same matter, but so far, no resolution, so
I figured I'd come to the list.
Because I'm completely stumped...no idea what to try next.

./t