Re: / 100% used

On 07/05/2015 at 04:16 PM, Beco wrote:

> David, guys,
>
> Just to be sure: this server doesn't have (nor need) wireless
> interface.
>

> root@camelo:/var/log# ifconfig

<snip>

This says nothing about whether the machine has wireless hardware, or
even necessarily about whether it has a driver for a wireless device
loaded. (On some machines, 'ifconfig' with no options will only report
interfaces which are in some sense 'up'.)

Does 'ifconfig -a' report a wireless interface?

What about 'lspci', and/or (for a more detailed but harder-to-read
report) 'lshw' (from the package of the same name)?

TTBOMK, the only thing which should be trying to load rt2860.bin is a
driver for a wireless network adapter. If anything else is trying to,
that's a bug.

If the driver is trying to when you don't have that hardware, then
there's a different bug somewhere; it could be anywhere from the
hardware you do have misidentifying itself somehow, on up through the
stack at least as far as udev.

> I prefer uninstall it if so. But I'm having trouble identifying it.
> What exactly should I uninstall? I need eth0 working (and thats
> all).
>
> Also, is wpa_supplicant really necessary?

AFAIK, it's only needed if you intend to connect to a wireless network
(ever) on that machine, and don't have some other software with which to
manage that connection.

--
   The Wanderer