Re: file like README.mirrors.txt recording mirrors not exists

On 07/02/2015 05:23 PM, Reco wrote:
  Hi.

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 01:08:01PM +0800, mudongliang wrote:
Today , I want to download mirrors file from http://ftp.debian.org/debian/README.mirrors.txt!
Suddenly, I found this file not exists!
No, it's there. Check your local setup.

$ wget -qO - http://ftp.debian.org/debian/README.mirrors.txt | wc -l
829

Then , I check the file in http://ftp.debian.org/debian !
It's not a file. It's a directory.

There is no file has the function of this file!
Unable to parse. Translation needed.

I found file named README.mirrors.html,but it is blank!
No, it's not.

$ wget -qO - http://ftp.debian.org/debian/README.mirrors.html | wc -l
3329

It would help if you provide less exclamation marks and more details.
Such as:

- Which tool you have used to download these files.
I saw the situation in the browser at that time!

When I saw it , the file actually did not exist! And the html file was blank!
But now it exists! Maybe at that time the ftp masters were uploading files!
Thank you for explaining to me!

- What does tcpdump has to say about all this.

Reco