Re: file like README.mirrors.txt recording mirrors not exists

 Hi.

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 01:08:01PM +0800, mudongliang wrote:
> Today , I want to download mirrors file from http://ftp.debian.org/debian/README.mirrors.txt!
> Suddenly, I found this file not exists!

No, it's there. Check your local setup.

$ wget -qO - http://ftp.debian.org/debian/README.mirrors.txt | wc -l
829

> Then , I check the file in http://ftp.debian.org/debian !

It's not a file. It's a directory.

> There is no file has the function of this file!

Unable to parse. Translation needed.

> I found file named README.mirrors.html,but it is blank!

No, it's not.

$ wget -qO - http://ftp.debian.org/debian/README.mirrors.html | wc -l
3329

It would help if you provide less exclamation marks and more details.
Such as:

- Which tool you have used to download these files.

- What does tcpdump has to say about all this.

Reco