Re: RAID b/w GPT and NON GPT partition.

Gary Dale a écrit :

>> Number  Start (sector)    End (sector)  Size       Code  Name
>>    1            2048         7813119   3.7 GiB     FD00  Linux RAID
>>    3        27344896      1980469247   931.3 GiB   FD00  Linux RAID
>>    4      1980469248      2930276351   452.9 GiB   FD00  Linux RAID
>>    5         7815168        27344895   9.3 GiB     FD00  Linux RAID
[...]
> What I would do is shrink partition 5 by 100M then create a new ef02
> partition in the freed space.

Why on earth would you want to do such a dangerous and useless thing ?
As I wrote in a previous message, there is plenty of free space on the
disk to create a new BIOS boot partition of suitable size.

> This should be completely safe since it is
> just a swap partition and contains no permanent data.

Shrinking a partition is never completely safe.

> There is no need for RAID on the ef02 partition.

The BIOS boot partition *must not* be used as a RAID member. It must not
be used at all. It's just a raw empty partition. It does not need to be
formatted as FAT or whatever. Any format will be destroyed when
grub-install writes the bootloader in the partition.