Re: write permissions on Kerberos secured NFS share

On 06/28/2015 07:51 PM, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> root@clt# su -s /bin/sh -c "cat /var/vmail/test.txt" mail
> test
> root@clt# su -s /bin/sh -c "touch /var/vmail/test" mail
> touch: cannot touch ‘/var/vmail/test’: Permission denied
>
> The Kerberos ticket for local user 'mail' is managed by k5start:
>
> clt# ps -ef |grep k5start | grep mail
> root   8965  1  0 16:04 ?     00:00:00 /usr/bin/k5start -u \
> 	mail/nfs-client -o mail -p /var/run/k5start-mail.pid -b \
> 	-f /etc/krb5.keytab -L -K 30
>
> I don't understand why I don't have write access to the share as client
> user 'mail' (authenticated to Kerberos server as 'mail/nfs-client'.

What ticket cache is k5start using? Does the user k5mail have
access to it and does it know about it after su?

What do the following commands say?

su -s /bin/sh -c "echo $KRB5CCNAME" mail
su -s /bin/sh -c "klist" mail

It appears to me that you are running k5start as root and it uses
the root user's default ticket cache - which as a) not known and
b) not accessible to the mail user.

You will probably want to specify the -k /path/to/cache and -o mail
options to k5start - and you probably want to explicitly set
KRB5CCNAME=FILE:/path/to/cache before running anything as the user
mail.

Christian