Re: USB keyboard unreliable since dist-upgrade on 1st of June

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015, James Ensor wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 6:08 AM, Nicos Gollan <gtdev@spearhead.de> wrote:
> > Since I did a dist-upgrade (running unstable) on 2015-06-01, I'm having a
> > rather annoying issue that the system will seemingly randomly drop keystrokes
> > from my USB keyboard I tried disabling power management for that device, but
> > that doesn't help.

> > Any ideas?

> I've noticed something similar with my wireless keyboard and mouse.
> It usually happens after waking
> up from suspend.  Un-plugging and then re-plugging in the usb rf
> dongle fixes the problem for me though.
> I haven't seen anything in the logs indicating an error or a warning though.

This is usually caused by something enabling USB autosuspend for HID devices
like keyboards and mice.

Google for "autosuspend USB disable", and you will find a lot of info that
could help resolve the issue.  Sorry, I cannot detail the procedure right
now.

Sometimes, the culprit is the firmware, and you just have to ensure to
disable autosuspend *again* after resume during boot.  If the culprit is
udev, you need to edit the udev rules.

  Henrique Holschuh