Re: Fwd: Unable to locate Bug's package

On 06/27/2015 at 08:35 PM, Nile Aagard wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> At present, I'm experiencing a nasty bug somewhere in my desktop
> environment.  I recently upgraded to Debian 8 which has given me a
> myriad of problems, the latest of which being an intermittent issue
> where all new windows and menus are rendered as a black box on the
> screen.

At a glance, that sort of rendering issue can be in one of three places:
the graphics driver (either kernel or X), the GLX / etc. stack, or the
window manager.

I had an issue superficially like it a while back which turned out to be
a bug in my WM's handling of a specific feature used by the theme I was
using but not by any of the ones the developers tested with.

Whether a memory leak is involved or not, the first place to look would
be identifying your graphics driver, your GLX provider (there are at
least three in Debian), and your window manager. From there, it should
be possible to at least determine a set of packages, one of which is
probably your culprit.

--
   The Wanderer