Re: PHP-FPM socket disappearing

Proxy One wrote:
> > Why use /dev/shm/user-php.sock as the socket path?  The Jessie-style
> > location would be in /var/run/user-php.sock AFAICS.  (I don't see how
> > that would be related to your socket dissappearing.)
>
> I used that path on Centos machines and it worked. I saw that Debian
> uses different default path, but figured it should work either way. I
> also used /dev/shm so it's created in RAM (tmpfs). I figured it would be
> quicker this way.

On Debian (and I must say Jessie too to bracket the time since this
has been changing in recent history) /run is a tmpfs just like
/dev/shm and /var/run is a symlink that points to /run.  Using
/var/run for this will be just as fast as /dev/shm.  AFAIK /dev/shm is
the domain for use by libc.

It has also become very popular to use /tmp as a tmpfs too.  However
that conflicts with various historical usage.  Therefore whether you
use /tmp as a tmpfs is really more of a local system configuration
rather than as a blanket statement.

Bob