Re: Systemd files on a Raspberry Pi

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 07:43:53AM -0400, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:
> On my Raspberry Pi, locate finds me a shitload of systemd files; yet ps aux -A | grep systemd does not show anything.
>
> Does this mean I can get rid of all those systemd files, to clear some space on the storage memory card ?

I would not do that.

With the exception of things like "localepurge", clean-up should be
made on a package by package basis, not on a file by file basis.

The rationals is that when packageA has a "Depends: packageB", it is
assumed that the packageB is installed in full, not just portions
of it. If you remove individual files in a package, you might be
breaking the system.

Try deborphan or debfoster and see what packages you can actually
remove.