Re: Problems with 32 bit Jessie and Mate DE

On 2015-06-20, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> And the script is linked in /etc/rc[06].d to stop. So with SysV, at
> least, things are set up to update the hwclock at shutdown.

I guess that settles it then. I do find the wiki and debian doc a little
misleading. I do also remember having to us "hwclock" by my lonesome to
set the hardware clock in the past, but maybe that was in another
distribution, or another universe entirely.

And if you did set the hardclock with 'hwclock' to another time than
the system time, *that time* would not be carried over subsequent
to a reboot, because the script would write the system time to the
hardware clock at shutdown, thus cancelling what you'd done.

So apparently I had it exactly backwards, which is almost correct in a
way.

;-)