Re: Fwd: Transferring files from Debian computer to android phone

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 12:14:36PM +0100, Steve Greig wrote:

> [...]

No, that's not how they do these things.
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/jmtpfs is merely a package
description, not a repository.

> I have pasted the response to that
> below and after that the contents of my sources.list (i tried with and without
> 'deb' in front of the line about jmtpfs in the sources.list but with the same
> error result).

Both should not work anyway. sources.list has a specific format,
violating it won't do you any good.

What you were meant to do is to add this to your sources.list:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main

and run

apt-get update

apt-get install -t wheezy-backports jtmpfs

Reco