Transferring files from Debian computer to android phone

When I connect my android phone to my debian computer I get a choice of opening gwenview or file manager. I have been able to transfer photos from the phone to the computer using gwenview which is great but I can not transfer files from the computer to the phone using the file manager.

The setting on the phone I have when trying to transfer files from computer to phone is 'connect as Media device (MTP)'. On the computer I chose the option: 'open with file manager'. This opens a directory (presumably from the phone) called Camera. If I click on that I get two directories: 'Samsung FT......./Note' and 'USB PTP Class Camera'. These two directories either are one and the same directory or they have identical contents because clicking on either of them gives the same result which is two directories and two .txt files. The two directories are called store_00010001 and store_00020002.

When I click on these directories Dolphin sais it is initializing Camera and loading files but nothing appears.

It would be great to have any ideas which could help me transfer files to the phone (I am particularly keen to move music files at the moment). I would be happy to use the command line but when I googled that it looked very complicated.

Thanks, Steve