Re: Transferring files from Debian computer to android phone

On 2015-06-18, Steve Greig <greigsteve@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be great to have any ideas which could help me transfer files to
> the phone (I am particularly keen to move music files at the moment). I
> would be happy to use the command line but when I googled that it looked
> very complicated.

There's an app called AirDroid; they ask you to sign up for god knows
what online, but that is uneccesary for the purposes of simple file
transfer.

Assumes you have a wireless network; the app gets a local ip address via
dhcp that you simply stick into the address bar of your favorite
browser, and off you go.

With all the caveats that apply, of course.