Re: systemd equivalent

On 20150612_1753-0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> I need to steel myself to using systemd commands. What would be the
> "systemd-correct" form of this:
>
> $ ps ax | grep ssh
>
> I use that to check for the existence (or, as the case may be)  demise) of
> an ssh tunnel I use for VNC. What should I use?
>

> Thanks all,

Bob, and other posters on this thread;

In another thread, Bob made reference to the Debian social contract.
Here Bob is trying to discover some experiment that he can do to test,
yes or no, whether his expectation about the answer to a simple query
is still valid under systemd. He could have worded the question as:

"Does '$ ps ax | grep ssh' still work under systemd, and does it give
results in same way, or a different way?"

But I don't think my suggested rewording is any better than his
orginal wording, just different, with more words, which might have
slowed some readers enough for their minds to keep up with there
eyeballs, so they apprehend what the question really is. Everyone has
expectations. All expectations are pre-conceptions. No one can know
another person's expectations without a conversation. The flame wars
over systemd have muddied the waters about systemd, as has been
recently mentioned by another Bob in another thread on this list.

HTH ;-)

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net