Re: social contract should mandate to warn users of tracking by packages like chromium

> Hi, the Debian social contract should mandate to warn users of internet tracking by debian packages like chromium.

The social contract isn't easy to change, but it isn't normally
necessary to do so.

> I tried everything and I can't turn off some internet tracking features of chromium like gcm which connects to google servers several times per hour.
>
> Anyway, there should be a mandatory warning that this package default configuration tracks you in many ways, and an even stronger warning if you can't configure it to not track you.

That would be a good idea, provided that there weren't so many privacy
problems that the average user would just get annoyed with all of the
warnings. Another problem would be defining

For what it's worth, Debian has taken some measures to protect privacy
already. If you look at the below website and search for privacy-breach,
then you can see the list of privacy tags:
https://lintian.debian.org/tags-all.html

Chromium doesn't appear to have been caught by lintian. It can't
hurt to file a bug report requesting a privacy notice, though.