Re: Resizing partitions on a headless server

csanyipal@gmail.com a écrit :
> Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> writes:
>
>> On 14/06/15 09:12 AM, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
>>> There is no partition to correct. The problem is in the LV bubba/storage
>>> and its filesystem.
>>>
>> If you read the original post, it looks like the e2rsize
>> failed. Therefor the only problem is the partition table is wrong.

No command mentionned by the OP ever modified the partition table.
Modifying LVM logical volumes and filesystems does not modify the
partition table. They have their own metadata.

> I think now is everything fixed, the partition table also. Am I right?

Hopefully yes. You were lucky this time.
The partition table was never modified.

> How can be sure? After reboot I can login as non root user, I can find
> my ( not so valuable ) data on /home, ..

Well, if fsck -f did not complain and your files are back, you can be
pretty confident.