Re: Why Debian 8.1 has no torrents beyond first 3 DVD ISO images

> On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 10:41 PM, Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> You probably don't need all DVD images - the first three should be enough to build you a fairly complete
> Debian system.
>
> The other DVDs include all the other packages - 40,000 or so in total - that make up Debian but you may not
> need them all.

Well, I need many packages which normal users don't use, like stumpwm,
ppcre, sbcl, clisp, gcc, mpd, gmpc, feh, theora etc. I have used
Debian Sarge  (and in those days I only had CDs) and I noticed some
package I wanted were only in last few CDs

> If you have reasonably fast network access available to you, you may be able to install using only the netinst CD
> and all other packages will then be downloaded from the 'Net.

I don't have net.

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/
http://lispmachine.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/extract-of-programming/