Re: No grub screen or boot after upgrade to jessie [FIXED]

On 06/12/2015 11:22 PM, Robert S wrote:

Sadly this problem started AFTER I upgraded my BIOS.  I have tried
installing debian (AMD64) from scratch and am unable to boot from this
either.  I can't find any way to downgrade the BIOS and there is only
one BIOS upgrade file on the Gigabyte website.

I have managed to make my system bootable by installing LILO.  Could
somebody let me know if this is likely to be obsoleted any time?  I
haven't received any indication that it will be.

Have you explored the new bios settings? If we can assume it is a real working update, you might have some options you didn't have before. Since you had to resort to Lilo, maybe during the initial install setup the bootable flag wasn't set?? Trouble shooting with a shotgun here. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html