Re: Change for systemd the UUID of the home partition, how to?

On 2015-06-10 13:17, Don Armstrong wrote:
On Tue, 09 Jun 2015, Ken Heard wrote:
After some research I found file /etc/crypttab which contains a list
of the UUIDs for encrypted partitions, /home in my case. I thought it
would be a simple matter of changing the relevant UUID to the current
one. It is apparently not.

Did you rebuild the initramfs at this stage? If not, you'll need to do
that first.

Yes, that needed to be done; and I did so. Putting the relevant UUIDs in file /etc/crypttab, which I also did, however is not enough to have the boot process ask for the passkey for encrypted partitions and so to allow mounting of them, in my case /home and /tmp. Systemd requires some other rebuilding to allow it to use the information in file /etc/crypttab.

So, unless someone on the list knows enough about systemd to tell me what to that process is and how to do it, I am reduced to two choices: either take the time (how long?) to learn about systemd, or to reinstall Jessie in the box. If the latter, which probably will be quicker, it will be the third time I had to do so since mid-April when I first installed Jessie in this box.

Regards, Ken