Re: Trying to install Adobe AIR

David Guyot:
> Joel R. Frank:
> > Has anyone successfully installed AdobeAIR? if so could I have some
> > help please? New to Debian.
>
> Support of AIR under Linux has been stopped in 2011 by Adobe:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_AIR#Availability

I successfully tried Wine to install the latest version for Windows
(Adobe Air 18.0 for Win32) and then ran the application installer:

wine "/home/<user>/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files/Adobe AIR/Versions/1.0/Adobe AIR Application Installer.exe"

With that, I installed the Zinio Reader for magazines, which needs
Adobe Air.  http://gb.zinio.com/www/apps/desktop.jsp
This way I have access to the Linux Format (UK) magazine on PC.

It all works amazingly well, without leaving any error messages.

BTW, I did find a deb package here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/218410/discussions/0/558746089535184265/
It appears to be version 2.6.0.19170 and it looks like it can be
installed with gdebi.  I just haven't had time yet to sort it out.