Re: Trying to install Adobe AIR

On 06/10/2015 10:43 AM, David Guyot wrote:
Hello.

Has anyone successfully installed AdobeAIR? if so could I
have some help please? New to Debian.

Support of AIR under Linux has been stopped in 2011 by
Adobe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_AIR#Availability

Regards.

Yes, although Adobe quit supporting AIR on Linux some time ago, I have a client who needs (wants) to use an application called YNAB.

YNAB requires the Adobe AIR runtime. I have kept the adobeair.2.6.0.19140.deb file on hand. (I originally downloaded it from the YNAB site. Apparently they kept it in .deb form to make life easier for their Debian and Ubuntu users.) I use gdebi to install the AIR runtime, and then I use the subsequently available AIR installer to install the YNAB .air file.

If you're looking to support an old AIR app in this manner, it might work for you. If you were thinking of doing development, that's probably not going to work so well.

I just checked the Adobe site. They have the version 2.6 AIR runtime installer for Linux available in their archive. The downside is that it's in .bin format. That just makes installing it a bit more cumbersome but still very doable.