Re: Autologin to X session (Debian 8)?

Le decadi 20 prairial, an CCXXIII, Teemu Likonen a écrit :
> Fortunately I haven't noticed anything in years. I've been using i3
> window manager so maybe I'm unaware of some services that modern
> desktops might use or depend on.

The issues are discreet, but if you end up falling on one, you will have a
hard time figuring it out.

> But thanks for the info. I'd like to know more examples of those
> "various session-management daemons".

Running on my system, with just plain Fvwm window-manager, I have polkitd
and systemd-logind. The exact role of the first one seems obscure. The
second one seems responsible, amongst other things, for granting the user
physically present in front of the console permissions on the relevant
devices (audio, USB); for some of the devices, the old group-based access
control will still work, but for some of them it will not unless you
re-configure it explicitly.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George