Re: check file system on virutal server - Wheezy

On Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 08:10:52PM +0200, Chris wrote:
> I have a virtual server running on my provider. It is an up-to-date VM Wheezy
> system running under Parallels. I've beem wondering about fsck, the provider
> says its a virtual file-system and that for this reason the fstab entry is 0,
> i.e. no fsck on boot.
>
> I've googled and for similar situations basically most people say not to worry
> about it. I'm not so sure. I can't just dismount the fs because there is only
> one partition for the system /dev/vzfs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not used it myself, but I've heard that a virtual machine running
virtuozzo is like a chroot (i.e. quite different from Xen or KVM).

If that's the case, it is logical that you can't fsck the filesystem,
as you are using only a subdirectory of the "real" filesystem, which
is shared between several different virtual servers like yours.