Re: Radeon dpm power management issue

Thanks, i think it's too early for changing to testing... But i'll try newer kernels soon.

I apreciate your answer.

Cheers.

El 5 de junio de 2015 21:02:40 CEST, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> escribió:
On Fri, 2015-06-05 at 19:59 +0200, Daniel wrote:
Hi all

Since the new release (jessie) i have problems with the power
management when i choose dpm method. Normally, but not always, i
suffer some freezes, often leaving a irecoverable system. Some times
with luck, solves with a KDE desktop restart. Once, i had a message
with a kernel panic that involves dpm kms helper package. I would like
to know how can i get more information to that issue. I have been
searching in system los but i cant find nothing.

I have solved for now, using the profile option instead dpm op, but i
want to know whether that has a solution.

If that is not possible, how can i make the profile option persistent
at boot time? Maybe with udev or using a script (systemd or KDE
initscript or so) ?

Thanks in avance.

Greetings.

Hi,

A good start would be to try later kernels and see if the problem is
already fixed.

You should also file a bug, upstream, at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/ i
think in DRI DRM/Radeon.