Re: Jessie Mate - a GUI user admin tool?

lostson wrote:
On Thu, 2015-06-04 at 14:34 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Thursday 04 June 2015 12:26:03 Reco wrote:
  Hi.

On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 10:11:33AM +0200, Petter Adsen wrote:
On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 02:14:36 -0500

Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
With Gnome2 under Squeeze there was a users administration tool under
System->Administration->Users and Groups .

Is there such a tool available for Mate under Jessie?
[snip]

Ubuntu has/had GTK tools for this, I think, maybe it's possible to grab
those and use them on Jessie? No idea what the package is called,
though.

The package is called 'usermode', and it's hardly an Ubuntu invention.
Said package is provided by Debian main archive since squeeze at least.

Reco

lisi@Tux-II:~$ aptitude search usermode
p   usermode                             - Graphical tools for certain user
account manag
p   usermode:i386                        - Graphical tools for certain user
account manag
lisi@Tux-II:~$ cat /etc/debian_version
7.8
lisi@Tux-II:~$

Lisi

apt-get install mate-system-tools will get you what you are looking
for.

LostSon

That at least got me the menu items I was looking for.
I'm about to do a reinstall from scratch for other problems. More later.
Thanks to all.