Re: Old Computers

On 06/02/2015 02:01 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
On 06/02/2015 11:07 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Tuesday 02 June 2015 14:55:51 Sven Arvidsson wrote:
On Mon, 2015-06-01 at 21:14 -0500, Jose Martinez wrote:
Hmm, that is a little disappointing.  But, I can probably run Squeeze.
Nothing like stone knives and bear skins!:-)

I think even squeeze would be a challenge (maybe a fun one though!) when
it comes to ram and disk space.

But there's always vintage operating systems for vintage computers :)

I thought of DSL.  But it needs an i486. :-(
http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=damnsmall

Geoworks!! It ought to fly on a 486! Ric

Apparently you have to have DOS to run GeoWorks. I see instructions for installing on
DosBox, but that implies that you have a running Linux!Also, something I read on one
of the sites I just looked up indicates that the video is going to be kinda crude.
I will be interested in seeing if anyone follows up on this!

--doug