Skype video question

I used to run skype without a problem, but now when someone calls, they
can hear and see me. I can hear but cannot see them. My video camera is
working fine. I installed guvcview and it has no trouble using my
camera.  When I go to Skype, options, video device, I see that video is
enabled and I see myself.

But when I try to skype someone, the camera icon on the interface is
crossed out. And the camera LED does not come on at the beginning. The
interface proceeds to allow me to leave a voice message.