Re: Problems with SSD

Jochen Spieker wrote:
> Petter Adsen:
> > I'm starting to suspect that it is. Either that, or the controller on
> > the motherboard, which would be even worse.
>
> Or just the cable (if we are not talking about a laptop). I got rid of
> similar errors in the past by replacing the SATA cable.

If it were me I would swap cables and move to a different SATA port on
the motherboard.  I have seen individual SATA ports fail with the rest
of the ports okay.  I also have the advantage of many different sets
of hardware available and so I would mix and match the various parts
into different systems.  If the problem stays with the system or moves
with the moved part is a good diagnostic aid in determining which
piece of hardware or software is causing problems.  In this case it is
1) the kernel software 2) sata cable 3) sata device 4) motherboard
sata controller.  At least one of those is the problem.  It is a
mental game of Mastermind to determine which.

Bob

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_(board_game)