Strange problem with *.local / avahi / zeroconf

Hi list,

I've a very strange problem in my home network:
One machine runs apache2 with services like owncloud as well as avahi-daemon.
Other machines (clients) connect to it, e.g. with the owncloud client, using
<hostname>.local as URL.

After some time, maybe 2 or 3 minutes or so, the other machines loose the
connection. In a browser I cannot connect, I cannot ping, nothing. It's
absolute reproducable.

If I restart a client, it can reconnect, but only for a few minutes. This
happens for both, Jessie and Mac OS clients.

I went already through a reset of the router, no effect.

How can I find the cause of this problem?

Thanks a lot for any help!
B.