jessie: need help with serial port

Re-send, with the correct subject line. I keep getting wheezy and jessie mixed
up. Sorry.

----

Prior to installing debian, I have used several releases of *buntu on a
machine on which /dev/ttyS4 is used; *buntu always detected and allowed me to
use the port automagically.

Jessie, however, sees only ttyS0, S1, S2 and S3. As far as I have been able to
determine, none of these is associated with the physical port that I need to
use (so it's not a case of the ports being numbered differently under wheezy).

How do I create an entry for /dev/ttyS4 and associate it with the correct
physical port?

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR