Re: jessie: unable to run remote graphical program with sudo

On Tuesday 26 May 2015 20:43:57 D. R. Evans wrote:
> What is wrong and how do I fix it so that I can run graphical programs
> across the network using sudo?
>
> I'm sure it's just a simple configuration issue, but my google-fu seems to
> be lacking today.

By default one cannot log into a graphical root session in Debian.  There is a
way of enabling it, but I am only too happy to be protected from myself and
don't know what it is!  (After installation, that is.  I understand that one
can now set it up during installation to use sudo not root.)  But I use root
not sudo.  I regard sudo as being Ubuntu. <dons flameproof suit>

Lisi