Systemd for dummies

I upgraded to Jessie recently and lost my BackupPC setup and my rsyncd setup. I found that both succumbed to the change over from inet.d to Systemd. None of the documentation mentions anything about systemd setup. I found some script for rsync to write rsyincd.socket and rsyncd.service and put them in /lib/systemd/system directory. No mention was made of the soft link that had to be put in the proper /etc/systemd/system subdirectory. Rsync doesn't seem to be working. Further there is no documentation for setting up BackupPC for systemd. I am totally awash. Most of the documentation that I have found goes right over my head. Writers should give their documentation to their secretary / wife /husband to use and see what happens. (ugly) Is there any documentation out there that is readable that would give me a road map for setting up systemd. All suggestions will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R