Re: mixer.app ; how do i use it after installing it with aptitude?

On 05/25/2015 01:08 AM, Seeker wrote:

On 5/24/2015 1:46 PM, Paul E Condon wrote:

I think I need to learn how to create a 'launcher', which is something
I have never done. Where can I find instructions for creating a
launcher specific to xfce?

Didn't think of it in my last post, but the site with the info about
'.desktop' files gives
an example that includes a line to specify an icon and the location to
put the file that
should get it to show in your applicaton menu.

https://linuxcritic.wordpress.com/2010/04/07/anatomy-of-a-desktop-file/

Just right click in your desktop tool-bar and select "panel" and click on "add new item". The very first selection is Launcher, click on it and hit "+add" to add it. You should see a newly created icon with a red X. Right click on it and select "Properties"
Click on the + button.
Select what you want it to launch and hit add, it should be there on your tool bar. Then close the edit window. There ya go! Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html