Running Debian with only 213MB Ram?

Hi all.

On my old laptop I chose Openobex as window manager because Gnome is too heavy
for it.  I get though:

$ free -m
Mem:           213        207          5          4         23        111
-/+ buffers/cache:         73        140
Swap:          952          0        952

with just Openobex and Emacs and a couple of terminal emulators running, not
else.  Do you think that is too little?  Then maybe I should gave up hoping to
use Debian on that machine, and look for - if any exists - other systems?

Another thing: reading an old post of mine on Linux Debian Users mailing list,
some years ago, the above command would show 216 as total Memory.  Is it
possibile that it's decreased since then??

Thanks for any help,

Rodolfo