Re: Logitech M545 button mappings

On Tue, 2015-05-19 at 08:49 +0200, Petter Adsen wrote:
> I bought one of these mice yesterday, it's comfortable, but exhibiting
> strange behaviour. It has two thumb buttons, like the mouse I had
> before, but they're not mapped to button presses, but to keyboard
> events.

Hi,

You bought a mouse that's also a keyboard! Apparently these are more or
less hard-wired to work with Windows 8.

You could set up shortcuts or commands for those key combinations, but I
guess you would get the same keybindings for the normal keyboard too.

There does seem to be some kind of other workaround though,
http://superuser.com/questions/676306/logitech-m560-mouse-on-linux-sends-messed-up-input-events
(see the link to the redhat bugzilla too)

In the long run, it's probably easier to have it replaced...

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson