xfce4 user switching with kdm as the display manager

Hi all,

I have recently switched my desktop (environment?) from KDE to xfce on a jessie install. I am still running kdm. I have noticed that the Switch User functionality within the action buttons on the top panel (Panel 1) is grey-out. Is there a specific xfce package I have to install to enable this functionality, or will I have to change my display manager to enable this? Below is a list of the installed xfce packages:

dpkg -l | grep xfce | awk '{print $2}'
gtk2-engines-xfce
libxfce4ui-1-0
libxfce4ui-utils