Re: Wrong library versions

On 05/16/2015 01:43 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
Hi All

I would put this on the freeCAD forum except I have been trying for
several days to get authorization to join without success. So:

The copy of freeCAD is version 0.14 on all versions of Debian. I'm using
jessie with amd64 software. I want to ppa the 0.15 version from the
freeCAD web site. Unfortunately, 0.15 requires libboost 1.54 but jessie
loads 1.55. Further, Debian has never used version 1.54 but skipped from
1.4 something in wheezy to 1.55 in jessie. Is there an way around this
problem.

I hate going off the official repository but the development of this
package is proceeding at a furious rate. It's basically an alpha release
but its the only game in town.

Any help will be seriously appreciated.

You could just create a link from the new version, that you have, to the older specific lib-version in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/. It just might jump up and work. It's easiest enough to try. Too bad they don't just make the depend on version 1.54 or newer. Then, if 1.55 works, report the obvious error out to the project.

Trouble-shooting with a shot gun. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html